Monday, September 18, 2006

One of THOSE rides...

I should've guessed it when I got to go for a ride and The Boy didn't. He was whining at the back window as The Alpha and I left, thinking he was really missing out.

But he wasn't missing out on much. We arrived at the vet's compound, and I surmised it would be only moments until I had to defend The Alpha from those other thumb-havers who like messing with me. When it was time for that, though, The Alpha somehow talked his way out of going into the tiny room with me, and I was led to the back, alone. Without the weight of defense responsibilities, I more easily relinquished myself to the prodding and lifting up and holding down and looking. They spent extra time looking in my mouth, which they never even dream of doing when I'm using it to defend The Alpha. Good thing I'd left him behind for his own safety, or they would've really seen me in action. I'm not sure how they're planning to get to The Alpha by looking in my mouth, but they are nefarious, so I assume they are biding their time.

Before long, my captors led me back out to the Alpha, and we were joyfully reunited. The Alpha and the other thumb-havers said a bunch of words like cracked molar, calcified plaque, extraction, credit card, Friday morning drop-off, antibiotics, and other things they seemed to think were really important. I escaped unscathed, though, so I'm not really concerned.

3 comments:

zorra said...

Uh oh. Been there. I hate to tell you this, but I think you're going back in a few days. You will actually take a nap at the vet's (wierd, huh?)and when you wake up your mouth will be kind of sore. I don't quite understand it, but I did like the fact that my thumbhavers gave me scrambled eggs and cottage cheese for a day or so. I bet yours will too.

Good luck!
Amie

DogBlogger said...

No way! You sure I'm not off the hook?

mid-life rookie said...

Sooooo, are you a groggy doggy today?