Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Nicknames

If I had blog categories, this would be one for the "I Don't Get It" file.

Two trips to Arkansas ago, The Boy and I got new nicknames. Gavin, the short little thumb-haver who spills lots of food on the floor and himself, came toddling through the living room at Grandma and Pop's house, greeting us with "Hey Tub," and "Hey, Anus."

Okay, obviously we knew what he meant. But we get the impression we're missing something in the translation. While The Typist nearly fell of the couch doing that silent laugh thing, The Alpha's first response was, "Oh, that's never gonna get old." And, now, maybe once a week or more, we find ourselves referred to as Tub and Anus. They seem more inclined to use Anus than Tub, because for some reason it's funnier.

Like I said, I don't get it. Glad they're having fun, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woof,woof.. (hey Dogblogger..)
Ran across your site and thought i'd sniff around... like your pic... I'm new to this so here's a bit about me...
I'm 2 1/2 ft high, nice tanned coat (by the sun, a bit thick in fur) with somewhat of a german sheperd tail.. Oh yes and I have a job too!.. I work for a security alarm company...one of the TOP security ones around...
Here's a pic of me... I'm on the
end of the hood... (see link)
http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/redneck_car_alarm.htm

Oh wel... I'll stop by again some time...(paws to ya...)