Sunday, January 14, 2007

Perching, accessorizing


Yes, The Boy has taken up his perch again. As you can see, I remain unamused. The thumb-havers think it's hilarious, of course. Here's a wider shot for context:



There's The Typist next to us. See those sticks and the orange stuff in her lap? She's been playing with these sticks -- not chewing on them, mind you, and they look great for that -- nearly every day for weeks now. At some point she decided she was finished playing with the orange stuff, which she called homework, and tied it around my neck and called it my scarf.



I don't care what it's called, I'm a big fan of wearing stuff around my neck. So it's pretty nifty, especially because orange is a color I can see better, and it's nice and long so I can look down at it. I'm not allowed to wear it outside because I get sticks tangled up in it (wait a minute... it's okay when The Typist tangles her sticks up in it, but not when I tangle up mine? I don't get it), but I'm thrilled with wearing it around the house.

The Alpha mentioned The Boy getting one, too, but The Typist says she's done with homework and isn't making any scarfs for dogs, and that this one only just happened to fit me. Besides, the stuff she's got on the sticks right now looks way too fluffy for The Boy, or any boy for that matter.

10 comments:

zorra said...

Wonderful pictures. The Scientist and I both enjoyed seeing The Boy on the back of the couch. Cub seems pleased with the scarf--first time I've seen her pretty smile.

Jody Harrington said...

So is Cub a Longhorn fan? Very cute pictures, Alpha!

DogBlogger said...

Glad y'all like the pictures! Nope, no Longhorns in this house, QG...I'm told that shade of orange is too bright anyway, but it was just the color given to me for knitting practice.

Oh, and during baseball season, Cub does wear a Chicago Cubs bandana as her sports team accessory of choice.

Molly said...

You look great!
I have a big fur coat of my own, so I never need a scarf. I bet it would keep you nice and warm if you were visiting me and playing in my snow!

Theresa Coleman said...

Oooo... I like the orange stuff. I prolly need to learn to knit. Maybe in a decade or so.
=o)

Theresa Coleman said...

Oh, and Typist, it worse than a WEBPAGE for a dog -- it's a BLOG for a dog. Extra Nerd Points Awarded.

DogBlogger said...

Whoohooo! Extra nerd points!

(Someday I shall donate my vast surplus of nerd points to a worthy cause. Unless The Alpha swipes them first.)

Jonathon said...

SWEET COLLAR!! VERY METRO!!

gavin richardson said...

it must be univ of tennessee colors which makes me wonder how much someone loves you. i'm calling children's services. this is definite abuse

spookyrach said...

You are such a hottie, dogblogger. You have a killer smile!