Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Cub Report(er)

The Typist says there's not much journalistic integrity in reporting on yourself. But as a dog, I don't think I'm aiming too high anyway, so here goes:

After I finally finished being woozy from yesterday (I napped hard all day and last night!), I had the seizure this morning -- the one I meant to have at the special vet's office like I did before, but they drugged me up before I got the chance. So I went ahead and got it out of my system after breakfast.

But don't I look good this evening?


(Sorry for not smiling. I'm trying to look professional and stuff. Which is hard to do when there's a cardboard box and a red teddy bear sticking out from behind your head.)

Now I feel pretty good! I've been playing, and chasing The Boy, and Aunt Lidna came over to pet me, and I got so excited I squeaked a few times.

And I hear that I get some new kinds of food for breakfast tomorrow. Including that stuff called pumpkin that Amie told me about.

Thank you all for the praying and for the sweet comments! I'd lick you all if I could. Instead, I'll settle for licking The Alpha and The Typist. Because they let me.

12 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

WOW! That is your game face!

I think you are beautiful and I am worried about you.

I am glad you are feeling better!!

Law+Gospel said...

What a "professional" pose. Glad you are getting better

zorra said...

Yes, you look beautiful. I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

You are definitely a pro, and you look good!

Linda said...

Heh, you squeaked and squealed a little more than you think, dear Cubbins! So glad to see you're feeling better, and congrats on getting The Boy again!!

That Janie Girl said...

You look so very elegant, Cub!

Lindy said...

Dear Cub,

You look real good in that shot, I'll tell you what. Real good.

I hope you feel good.

I love you.

From,

Rowan

Anonymous said...

Hi Cub, thanks for the post to let us know how you are doing!!!

Your comments were so funny, and it's great to see you haven't lost your sense of humor while you've been feeling bad!

I wish I was as photogenic as you! Intelligence and looks...you're the whole package!

RevAnne said...

Cub, at our house we call that the sentinel pose...Cletus the WonderMutt adopts a very similar posture as he guards the yard. I have to admit, it's a bit more majestic on you, but don't tell him that! Hope you continue to do well and enjoy your new food. We have a dog-friend named Sadie who eats venison and sweet potato food.

Deb said...

You look great and are loved by many!
Deb

Lindy said...

Hey,Cub, Baby... I tagged you on my blog. I hope it makes you feel good to have a play.

Love,

Rowan

Rev.Dulce said...

What a good looking pup!! The Christimas decorations just make you look tougher.