Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Confession

Hello... The Typist here, with a confession to make.

I'm not sure which is the proper thing to confess:

a) that I think I got this twinge in my shoulder because I'm aging and not in the best shape ever, or

2) that it may have come from overdoing it in yoga (and yoga, by the way, is NOT a competition, not even with yourself -- no, certainly not), or

iii) that it might also have something to do with the fact that last night, after I got home from yoga, I turned two cartwheels in my living room just to prove to myself that a 31-year-old woman can still do a cartwheel just fine, thankyouverymuch.

Opinions, anyone?

I'm off to choir, and then band, neither of which should mess with my rotator cuff. (Although you never know sometimes.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff and I think it's the cartwheelage, although we could be wrong. Will be praying for you to feel better! Maybe Cub could lick it all better?

Art said...

Hey there "typist" - you're still quite young in my book... but you're not exactly a pup any longer either. One of the sad but inescapable facts of life is that we age. And as we do, the things we were once able to do with ease fall by the wayside seemingly year by year.

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't do a cartwheel even way back when I was 31.

... or any other time for that matter;)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Hi typist!

I am just damned impressed that you could do cartwheels!

At 44, I am smart enough to know not to attempt it. *grins*

Diane M. Roth said...

I'll pray for you if you pray for me. In my case, I'm 50, not in the best shape ever, and my knee is giving me a lot of trouble. That's a problem because the one thing I do for exercise is Walk the Dog.

Diane M. Roth said...

Plus, I could never do a cartwheel, so I'm impressed.

Unknown said...

I'm betting on the cartwheels.