Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Five: It's My Party

Over at RevGalBlogPals, because it's Songbird's birthday, she says: I hate to say it, but over the years I've been to too many parties where I, or the birthday child, has felt much like the chorus of Lesley Gore's old tune. I am therefore not the biggest fan of birthday parties. For this Friday, tell us these five things about parties, birthday or otherwise.

Tandem play again from Cub and the Typist:

1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
Typist: Guest, because I have some friends who can't come to my house because of two four-footed furries who own the place.
Cub: Guest, because it means I get to go for a RIDE!

2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?
Typist: I do a cursory clean-up, handling the things that I wouldn't want to wake up and face the next morning.
Cub: I lick my bowl clean every day; party days are no different.

3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
Typist: This one's easy. It would be College Girls' Weekend. I'd fly all three of the Girls in to somewhere nifty, maybe Santa Fe, stay in a posh B&B, and we'd do whatever we pleased the whole time!
Cub: Theme party? How about the standard Everybody Loves Cub theme?

4) What's the worst time you ever had at a party?
Typist: There are any number of extended family gatherings from my childhood that involve teasing by cousins that I'd just as soon forget (and probably have succeeded in forgetting some of them).
Cub: A couple of occasions involving toddler-sized thumb-havers have been less than pleasant. Some of those little rugrats have no idea how to respect a dog. Now that The Boy's around, we curl up on the couch together for our mutual protection any time one comes over.

5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
Typist: New Year's Eve 1999/2000. R & K hosted at their new house, hooked up the disco ball to the ceiling fan, turned up the music, The Alpha and I gave tango lessons to the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over version of Hotel California, and everybody had a blast!
Cub: Any occasion where I get to wear a bandana and greet thumb-havers as they come in the front door to pet me!

6 comments:

Sally said...

oh a college girls weekend- you're brave typist :-)

Molly said...

What color bandana do you wear?

Lori said...

Your New Year's '99/'00 sounds like it was the best!

And Cub: you can come party at my house any time.

mid-life rookie said...

Hey Typist and Cub,
I've been to a couple of parties at your house. They were fun. I actually played today too! Come by and see.

Diane M. Roth said...

You do have a smart dog!

Tiria the Shadow Princess said...

I don't like toddler thumb-havers either. They seem to think that "tail" = "handle"!
Tiria
The Shadow Princess